Gorenje Group is proudly presenting its latest achievements in the appliance segment at the IFA 2018 taking place from August 31 to September 5 in Berlin, Germany. This makes it the 11th year in a row for Gorenje at the IFA, one of the leading consumer electronics fairs in the world, which attracts over 250 thousand visitors each year. The Group will use its presence at the fair to showcase an array of product novelties and offer the first glimpse of its soon-to-be-available range of digital services, namely the Gorenje ConnectLife platform, and a range of connected appliances.
Experience the smart and simplified life with Gorenje
Visitors of the IFA 2018 will be the first ever to experience the live demonstration of the new Gorenje ConnectLife platform. Leveraging smart technology developed to further improve and elevate the Life Simplified, the Gorenje ConnectLife platform features advanced digital services and solutions suitable for the new range of connected as well as non-connected Gorenje appliances across all product categories. It features integration with Gorenje Group digital assistants (bots), 3rd party services and products, and connection with digital personal assistants (Alexa, Google, Siri). The Gorenje ConnectLife platform and the range of Gorenje connected appliances will enter the market in 2019.
Highlights of the Gorenje booth at the IFA also include:
- the new Gorenje 3-in-1 oven,
- the Red-Dot-awarded WaveActive washers and dryers with patented drum design and nature-inspired technology developed to handle the toughest of stains in the gentlest way possible,
- the popular Retro Special Edition fridgemodelled after the legendary Volkswagen Minibus van, premiered in black, and the Retro collection of fridges and small domestic appliancesin cool new colours: apple, olive and the super-trendy copper,
- the revamped Simplicity Collection fit for design-oriented individuals who appreciate clean lines and user-friendly features,
- the highly-anticipated cordless vacuum cleaners
- and, in efforts to make the journey to a healthier lifestyle a lot more simplified and enjoyable, the HEAD by Gorenjeline of innovative small domestic appliances, which includes the 2-in-1 Nutri Sport blender and the connected kitchen scale.
Visitors of the booth will also get to enjoy impressive technology installations: the interactive WaveActive drum installation with advanced technological solutions to demonstrate how innovative washing features actually work, on-site activities to highlight the #Simplyfans campaign and Gorenje as the proud sponsor of European handball, smart cooking sessions with Gorenje cooking appliances, and live demonstration of Gorenje’s smart kitchen, enabled by the upcoming ConnectLife platform and the brand new range of connected appliances Gorenje.
Premium design, unsurpassed performance – experience ASKO
One floor higher, visitors will get to feast their eyes on the strikingly beautiful appliances by Gorenje Group’s global brand ASKO, the Scandinavian premium brand that offers a full range of home and professional appliances.
Following the brand’s simple yet demanding philosophy “Only the best is good enough”, ASKO appliances boast contemporary yet timeless Scandinavian design and a mindset where minimalism, elegance and sophisticated lines, together with premium quality and high performance, play an important role.
Among highlights of the ASKO booth at the IFA are:
- the new Element Coffee Machine in black glass that has won the prestigious Red Dot Award 2018;
- the new ASKO Hood in Hob with a unique and smooth matt black surface, making it the perfect choice for those who want to enjoy a beautifully designed kitchen without any distracting elements in the field of view;
- the ASKO Pro Home Laundry, a range of washing machines and tumble dryers that combine a contemporary, clean design with the professional Quattro Construction™ - think domestic appliances built just like professional ones with award-winning design (Red Dot – Best of the Best Award and Good Design Award);
- the brand-new series of Nordic Fresh range of built-in refrigerators, described by Jon Carlehead, Head of Design at ASKO, as “literally built-in beauty”. The Nordic Fresh range appliances are made for customers who want uncompromising kitchens where form and function are equally important;
- premiere of the new ASKO Craft cooking appliances in Black Steel. The Black Steel colour makes the brushed pattern appear clearer and reflects the light, giving the products a sober, shimmering and exclusive feel. With the new addition, the Craft line comes in three different colours: classic Stainless Steel, soft Graphite Black and stylish Black Steel, all playing to ASKO’s interpretation of Scandinavia: understated elegance, high-quality craftsmanship and natural materials;
- first-hand experience of the ASKO ConnectLife products with connectivity and voice control.
The Berlin-based IFA fair is a remarkable mix of business, meeting and trading opportunities, innovative products and services, which also offers great entertainment and an opportunity for exposure to the global consumer base. As such, it has been drawing an increasing number of people each year. At the IFA 2017 alone, 1,805 exhibitors signed deals valued over EUR 4.7 billion and welcomed over a quarter of a million of visitors from all over the world.
“We are looking forward to meeting our partners and customers from across the world and to present our latest achievements in the home appliances segment. Visitors of our booth will get the chance to immerse in a connected home and experience the smart and simplified life with Gorenje, as we proudly unveil the Gorenje ConnectLife platform and a brand-new range of connected appliances. This is a major step for Gorenje Group toward successful realization of its vision of a much more connected everyday life”, said Franjo Bobinac, the President and CEO of Gorenje Group.
Visit Gorenje and ASKO at the IFA 2018 at the Messegelände Berlin ExpoCenter City, Hall 1.1, Booth 201, from August 31 to September 5.