Friday, 15th October 2010, Velenje, Slovenia
Designing Gorenje smart kitchen accessories, inspired by the simplicity trend
Gorenje is performing the open competition for designing Gorenje smart kitchen accessories, inspired by the simplicity trend in cooperation with Galerija Velenje and Biennial of Industrial Design. The deadline for competition is prolonged to 31 October 2010.
Contents of the competition detailed report
Smart kitchen accessories inspired by the simplicity trend which:
- are used in the kitchen
- are from authentic, quality materials (eco friendly if possible)
- minimalistic form should follow the function (must be extremely useful)
- represent clever, original solution to everyday problems/situations/usage
- respond to cooking trends
- support healthy cooking
- are part of a wider accessory collection with recognizable and distinguishing design elements
- are based on the simplicity trend – easy to use
- The competition starts on 1 September 2010 and lasts until 31 October 2010.
- The jury will announce the results within 30 days from the submission deadline.
- Competition solutions will be presented publicly in Galerija Velenje in November and December 2010.
- Works that will not be awarded will be returned to the participants within 15 days after the end of public presentation.
Awards and compensations
- The jury will award 3 prizes. Authors of awarded solutions will be offered the possibility of purchase and manufacture or the possibility for individual exhibition. Students will be offered the possibility of one month education at GDS (Gorenje Design Studio).
- By awarding the prize, the competition commissioner does not purchase the material copyrights for using the idea solution; copyrights are subject to subsequent agreement or contract.
- In case that none of the projects submitted meets the prize awarding criteria, the jury reserves the right to award the prizes at its own discretion or not to award any prizes at all.
meeting the general terms of the competition
artistic clarity, originality
contemporary design and openness to application diversity
More detail information